I’ve been using WordPress for almost a decade now, since it was first launched. It’s the #1 tool if you want to make money online with instant publishing.
WordPress is whatever you want it to be; it’s endlessly customizable, and there are many thousands of plugins which will help you.
The temptations plugins offer are endless, as are the money-making opportunities.
For example, here’s one which is new to me, 10 Must Have WordPress Plugins Of 2012 Every Blogger Should Know About | Jeffbullas’s Blog:
” Hello Bar – Convert more readers with a powerful call to action
Another very powerful plugin every blogger should know about is called Hello Bar. It adds a simple line above your articles that you can fill with any message you wish. Personally, I have been using Hello Bar to promote products, events or simply evergreen blogposts.”
I’ve seen it on others’ blogs, and no doubt I’ll end up using it on a few of my own; it looks like a money-maker.
Big tip: be careful when you install plugins. You can go overboard, and overload your blog. I have a few core plugins which I install on every blog, around six. I try to keep plugins low. If I install one, it means I need to toss one which is already installed.
By the way, W3 Total Cache, mentioned in the above article, is essential to speed up your blog. Use it.
How to choose money-making plugins
Which money-makers you choose will spend on what you’re trying to do with a specific blog.
Here are some tips to help:
* Use plugins which are tried and tested. I tend to avoid plugins which are new. I have too many blogs to be comfortable being a guinea pig;
* Try out new-to-you plugins on a blog which isn’t critical to your business. If you only have one blog, set up another “test” blog, so you can try things out without impacting your business;
* If you’re not comfortable testing new plugins, find someone to help you. Find someone who’s an expert in WordPress before you need him.
WordPress plugins will help you to make money blogging: choose the right ones, and your business will soar.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Writing Habits: 3 Great Habits To Improve Everything You Write - December 9, 2013
- Productivity: Consider Context When Organizing Your To Do List - December 8, 2013
- Content Creator? Make Sense Of Google AuthorRank – New, Free Tool - December 8, 2013