This article is the first in our series on how to get free traffic to your website.
Firstly, some background on article marketing.
Article marketing has been hugely effective in getting links from high-profile sites, and via those links, traffic from those sites, and from the search engines.
The original theory of article marketing went something like this. You write hundreds of articles, publish them to as many article directories as you can, often using software to do this, and then sit back and enjoy the traffic.
That worked, until it stopped working.
I’ve been using article marketing for at least a decade. Until a couple of years ago, article marketing worked as it has always done: very well indeed. Then, a couple of years ago, it stopped working quite so well. Instead of getting gushing geysers of traffic from articles, the traffic turned to a trickle. An article marketing drought set in.
Why? Because the secret’s out. Everyone, from individuals to huge “content media” companies are in on the article marketing secret, and the competition for readers is huge.
Straight article marketing is a pale shadow of what it used to be. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t use it. I still use it, and recommend it to my clients as a sure and reliable way to build links and get traffic, but nowadays, you need more than simple articles — you need an entire strategy.
That strategy may include:
* Writing (or having someone write for you) high quality articles which attract visitors to your site, and get links because of their quality;
* Sharply targeting your article marketing campaigns;
* Backing up your articles in various ways, so that they get more traffic on the directories you’ve posted them to; and
* Creating promotional campaigns to promote your articles.
If you haven’t used article marketing, I urge you to use this simple strategy: it works, you’ll just need to make a little more effort.
On the other hand, if you’re a long-time article marketer, and believe that article marketing no longer works, I encourage you to think again. Article marketing still works. It just takes a little more effort.
If you need quality articles for your article marketing campaigns, my team and I are happy to create them for you. Indeed, we’ll create campaigns which will get your links, and traffic to your site.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- 5 Best David Ogilvy Copywriting Tips to Improve Your Marketing - November 20, 2014
- Time Management, Self-Management: Bullet Journaling - November 14, 2014
- Content Bonanza: 4 Ways to Create “Instant” Content - November 9, 2014