With Google’s BigDaddy update creating all kinds of chaos with sites which depend on linking for their rankings, I’ve been recommending BLOGGING to clients who’ve been affected. Unfortunately I get a lot of blank looks: “We’re running a business — we haven’t got time to write a diary.” I point these people to MerchantCircle — if local merchants can blog, any business can blog.
Here’s why your business will benefit from a blog:
* The search engine bots visit often, up hundreds of times a day;
* You’ll gain Page Rank for your blog within a few months;
* You can LINK prolifically, both to your own site (make sure the link is relevant) and to other sites — the Web is links, all search engines love them;
* You can tap-dance on and around your favourite keywords;
* Your customers will learn more about you and become more loyal, which builds Word of Mouth (WOM);
* You’re running a 24×7 in-house, never-ending focus group — leave comments enabled so that people can tell you what they like and don’t like about your business;
* You gain all the benefits of RSS.
Gotta blog? No? Get blogging today. If you don’t know what to blog about, blog:
* Whatever you discuss at work every day;
* Your products — why they’re great, who they’re for, what customers have said (testimonials);
* About your location;
* About your staff;
* About the history of your company and the history of your town;
* What you saw when you drove to work this morning;
* Essentially, you can blog about anything you want to blog about. It’s your blog.
[tags]business blogging, business blog topics, why blog, blog as a focus group[/tags]
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Copywriting Business: Start Your New Business Today - March 10, 2014
- My 5 Best Blogging Tips After 15 Years of Instant Publishing - March 9, 2014
- Quotes to Live By: “There’s No Luck in Business…” - March 8, 2014